Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Do You Have Bookjoy?

This month has flown by so fast! Is tomorrow really Día de los Niños/Día de los Libros? Do you have any special plans to celebrate? I have been thinking on this for the whole month and wondering what kinds of activities to do with my kids. They love story time and we already go to the library each week, so I have been thinking about what kinds of extra special activities we can do. I have a few ideas, and I will let you know later this week how we celebrated the day.

For those of you wondering what you can do with your children, why not head to your local library? Some held their events this past weekend, but I believe many libraries and bookstores have special events and activities planned for the 30th as well. Here is one link where you can check for celebrations near you.

I also was delighted to stumble upon Pat Mora's new blog, called Bookjoy! (click on the picture above to go to her site.) She has just started it and I think it will grow into a wonderful resource for parents, teachers, librarians and more. If you have a moment, please stop by and take a look and leave her a little message telling her what you think of her new blog. Her most recent post mentioned that she was leaving to attend an ALA Día event in one of the U.S. Senate chambers - How exciting!

And don't forget that Latin Baby's book sale ends tomorrow (Wednesday) night - so pick up some fantastico bilingual children's books now while the books are cheap! To see our entire line, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...