Monday, August 11, 2008

Panama Gourmet's Perfect End-of-Summer Recipe

It is so hard to believe el verano is almost over. My kids are running me ragged and we are all looking forward to school starting. Despite a cool front that has moved in (50’s tonight – woohoo!) the days are still muy caliente!

And while surfing the internet looking for cool down recipes, I found the most wonderful site!

Chef Melissa de León is the founder of The Panama Gourmet. The ultimate Cooking Diva, one look at Melissa’s resumé will make your head spin. She has studied cooking all over the world…esta chica must be busier than the columpios at recess! At any rate, her blog is filled with wonderful recipes that I think many mamás would be eager to try. I had a hard time narrowing down my recipe choice for today, but I think I have found the perfect one for the end of the summer…


Papaya Nieve
(recipe and photo taken from panamagourmet.blogs.com)
Ingredients:
3 cups fresh, ripe and sweet papaya, cubed
2/3 cup light brown sugar or light corn syrup
3 tablespoons fresh lime (or mandarin orange) juice
a pinch of cinnamon (optional)
water

Directions:
Puree papaya in the blender with enough water to make 24 oz.
Combine papaya puree with the other ingredients and transfer to the ice cream maker. Then, follow the directions of the ice cream maker to freeze and finish this nieve.
For better taste store the nieve 3-4 days in the freezer.

To check out the Cooking Diva’s recipe-filled blog with its , click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...