Tuesday, May 5, 2009

¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo!


Saludos a todas {y todos}, y Feliz Cinco de Mayo! I hope you celebrate it with some delicious mole poblano or some chiles poblanos rellenos!

And of course a shot of tequila or a cervezita or perhaps a margarita!
Yes, I know, it's only Tuesday, but the fact our Mexican army defeated the French army {who were better equipped by the way} I think that calls for a little something :)

Interesting fact though, in Mexico we don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo, we celebrate el 16 de Septiembre, which is our independence from Spain.

¡Salud! - Cheers!

1 comment:

Monica said...

¡Ay! What I wouldn't give for real mole! I don't think I've had any in at least 24 years!!!! My 'buelita used to make it every year and it was so rich and yummy. I'm giving serious thought to making this recipe. Thanks for taking me back to my youth!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...