Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ramblings

¡Híjole! What a hectic month. Finally, though, the light at the end of the tunnel is here. You all know that I have been working on a little project for the holiday shopping season. With great relief I can now say that it is more or less complete. I will have a nice announcement for you all within a few days.

So I apologize that the posts have been a little scarce lately. It is hard juggling three blogs, a business, two websites (three if you include etsy), a puppy, too many chickens to count, 2 donkeys, a cow, a mule, two kids, a husband, and a new (old) house with a variety of "fix-it" jobs. It took me four months just to peel the wallpaper in the hallway, only to have my husband say "maybe we should tear out that wall and make the bedroom bigger." I wisely kept my mouth shut for fear of the expletives that were lurking inside.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE our new house. It is just suffering a bit of neglect. Or maybe I should say "we" are suffering it's neglect. Since moving in we've had to fix the washing machine drain line, fix the oven, fix the central heat, and replace the septic line. That's just for starters. Thank goodness my hubby is a jack-of-all-trades because I shudder to think of the expense all this would be if we had to actually pay for labor as well as supplies.

And let me tell ya, sisters, NOTHING spells stress like a toilet that won't flush and house of 3 and a half people (I say half, because my youngest is just starting potty training.) Especially when company is coming to stay.

Today was unusually warm, so to celebrate my freedom from the computer, I spent the afternoon outside with my family making a new flower bed. Created just for the hummingbirds and butterflies that will swarm our house next year, we planted several salvias and asters next to a beautiful flowering camelia, with plenty of room left over for more avian friendly plants. We even set up a nice heavy duty metal bird feeder on a post and filled it with black sunflower seeds - every little birdie's favorite type of feed because it is so high in fat. Perfect for the cold winter months.

Anyway, dear Amigas, hopefully I will be back on track now and able to post with a little more regularity. I have several artists whose work I have stumbled upon and fallen in love with, so during the next few weeks I hope to share them with you.
With warmest wishes to all,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...