Monday, January 5, 2009

So nice to meet you!

I was so surprised, and so happy that Monica invited me to be one of the contributor bloggers for Mi Cielito Lindo. I'm not the best at expressing things on writing, but I'm more than happy to be here and be part of the Latin community through blogland.
My name is Monica Andrade, I’m a stay at home mom of 4 kids (ages: 4, 5, 7 and 9) that, in a good way and sometimes not so good way, drive me nuts... most of the time.
I was born and raised in Manta, Ecuador, a very tropical, breezy place in South America. I came to this country when I was 18, way back in the 80’s, lived for about 3 years in Waltham, a city near Boston (a place that I truly love) and moved back to Ecuador. After working some years for a financial institution in my hometown, I had the unexpected chance to come back here in the late 90’s, this time to New York to attend Fashion Institute of Technology and get a degree in fashion design. I met my husband while at F.I.T. and in my last semester there, I got pregnant. My plan was to stay-at-home for a while with my firstborn, and then have a career at the fashion capital of the world, but I guess I wasn’t counting on the other 3 kids that came after, and ever since, my degree it’s been decorating my walls while I've been raising my kids. Although it's been tough and they drive me nuts a lot –did I say that already? - I’m happy to have made the decision to be here at home for them. We moved to San Antonio, Texas, in 2005, a great place to live and the weather is as close to my hometown as possible: Sunny, warm, breezy most of the time. I'm definitely not a winter person.
My children are all in school now, the youngest one started Pre-K last August, so now I’m surely enjoying my time alone from 7:30 to 3:30pm every day (introduce a very happy dance here). Somehow along the way, my love for fashion totally disappear, (there were lots of diapers to change for eight years) now that I have time for myself (introduce another happy dance here) I’m certainly rediscovering my passion, and I’ve have started to design again. I would love to have most of my clothes for 2009 to be my own designs, and get away from my standard jeans and T-shirts and dress up a little bit again.
I also have a blog, where I'm starting to post more about my taste in fashion, along with some crafts and other random things.
I hope everybody started the New Year con el pie derecho and that it comes to you full of health, happy moments and lots of blessings.
Take care,

Monica A

1 comment:

Monica said...

Yow! My youngest doesn't start Pre-K for another 2 years, so my happy dances are if my kids let me go to the bathroom by myself. So sad.
So happy you're here and can't wait to see some of your designs for 2009!
~Monica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...