Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spanish Scrabble, Anyone?

I have always been a big fan of board games. Not only do they challenge us mentally, but I believe they are wonderful bonding tools. Some of my favorite childhood memories are of playing (countless) board games with my grandfather. Triominos, backgammon, scrabble, checkers, poker...my grandparents had a pile of games that I would excitedly shuffle through and then beg my grandfather to play with me. (He was quick to agree, so not much begging was required.)
Years later, after I began dating my husband, one of his sisters was always cracking open the pictionary, taboo or cranium (my favorite!) Unfortunately, my hubby is a bit of a party-pooper and never participated, but I sure had the time of my life with his family and friends.

So needless to say, since having kids, a small collection of board games has quietly begun growing in my house. I have been saving a few of them for when my kids are old enough to play them together (or with me. ) For her birthday, the above mentioned hermana sent my daughter a bunch of Dora board games, of which her favorite is Dora Bingo. It is a great way for her to practice her colors in Spanish.

For older children I have found one that is fun but still educational - great for helping them improve their spelling and Spanish. I have to admit, I think this would be great for adults, too. Amazon is selling Spanish Scrabble at a relatively cheap price.

If you'd like to pick one up, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...