Sunday, May 18, 2008

Treasured Flamenco Doll...in Felt?

¡Ole! Check out this cute little FeltPeople Flamenco Dancer from Beesocks that I found on Etsy. She is only 10" tall and handcrafted of layered felt. At first, I felt inspired to try and create something myself, but my fingers hurt just thinking about trying to cut out such tiny pieces of felt. Although, the end result is fantastico, no?

I can see this being a really fun activity for los niños this summer - just break out the felt and let their imaginations take over. If they are not old enough to use scissors, try cutting out an assortment of shapes ahead of time. I generally have some premade shapes that I have cut which the kids use to create faces, animals, plants, houses, comida, etc.

I can certainly imagine this little señorita being a treasured favorite of any little girl....and maybe their mamá? If you'd like to purchase Macarena (as I secretly call her), click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...