Thursday, March 20, 2008

Zesty Gourmet, Anyone?

I haven't posted on beauty products for a while now, so I thought I'd feature a little something just for mamás. If you are looking for a little pick-me-up on those days that are hard to get out of bed, check out this super shop I found on etsy.

Oliba has some wonderful products for sale, including soaps, body scrubs, lotions and milk baths. Their products are handmade of all-natural ingredients and most use 100% pure organic olive oil as a base. Even better, there is no animal testing on any of their products. They are beautifully packaged so they would make great gifts. But I just like looking at the pictures. Who would have thought that soap would look so sabroso and luscious?

I think the Spanish Lime and Apricot Seed Soap might be just what the doctor prescribes for tired mamis. Oliba describes this soap as "zesty" and "BURSTING with energy." If that's the case, then this is exactly what I need - I think I'm all zested out! The Apricot seeds provide a gentle exfoliation while the fresh squeezed lemon scent delights your senses and works up into a rich lather. It makes me want to go soak in the tub just thinking about it!

But - ay chihuahua! - I think her Cocoa and Mint Whip Soap (shown above) would definitely have to be on my list of sinful indulgences. Made with real cocoa and a splash of spearmint, this gourmet bar looks and sounds good enough to eat, and the thought of just rubbing it on my skin is positively decadent! Who knew that the antioxidants in the chocolate are great for protecting the skin from the sun, pollution and free-radicals? Or that the caffeine helps to calm and soothe the skin? I wonder what would happen if I just rubbed chocolate pudding all over me? Who am I kidding...that pudding would be eaten so fast, my lips wouldn't even benefit. Just my hips.

They also have some yummy baby products. Their Buttermilk Baby Soap contains wheat germ oil, olive oil, and avocado oil - which provide gentle cleansing and are great for keeping baby's (or mami's!) skin nice and soft. And their Buttermilk Baby Gentle Milk Bath is made with real organic buttermilk and soy milk, which are rich in fats and emollients.

What are you waiting for? Get over there and take a look at Oliba's etsy shop! You can find them by clicking here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...