Monday, July 28, 2008

Picaflor Kids Reflects Latino Culture

A day that started out with a lot of wrongs but ended with a big right. This morning was filled with frustrations - sporadic internet access, a bad phone line, missed calls and finally a flooded laundry room. But, HURRAH, the new phone line is in and the internet is better than it has been since moving (and the laundry room is drying out rapidly in our sweltering heat.)

So now I am able to once again post freely and rapidly - woohooo! I will be announcing big news on Monday, so be sure to check back a week from today.

And now, on to the fabulous find of the week...

I am in love. Again. But this time it is to Picaflor Kids. What? You haven't heard of them, yet? Well, let me fill you in...

The founder and designer of this superb line of children's wear is Nancy Coronado. Though the company is based in Portland, Oregon, Nancy was born in Peru and she uses a family-owned clothing maker in Lima to produce her elegant designs for both boys and girls. Her spring line is fantastic - filled with brilliant colors and attention to detail, my favorites include (but aren't limited to) the Julia Knit Peasant Dress and the Gaucho Set for girls and the Guayabera Set for boys. I love how Nancy incorporates aspects of Latino styles in her creations. All of the styles reflect a timeless and elegant design that is super comfy for los niños to wear. The woven knits are hand-crafted, hypoallergenic and machine washable. You can find her spring line here.

Although it is not on their web site yet, Picaflor Kids' fall/winter collection includes the cutest pair of ruffled pants for girls that has "flamenco" written all over it. I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter in them! I will have to include a picture for you in a few months...

By now, you should all know how strongly I feel about supporting Latina entrepreneurs, as well as organizations that serve Latino children. This is one I am happy to recommend and I was pleased to find out that 10% of all Picaflor profits are directed to charities that benefit children in Peru.

To find a store near you, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...