Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dia de los Enamorados...

Hmmm....well, I have been trying to decide what to post for Valentine's Day and am having trouble narrowing it down. SO, I'll just write until my fingers get cansados....
Right. So first of all, Happy Valentine's Day to all my fellow mamis out there! I hope you are planning to drop los niños off at abuelita's house, while you go out on a hot date with your numero uno.

Looking for something fun and romantic to do with your Valentine? Well, here are a few suggestions I found on-line...

First off, if you are in the Seattle area, perhaps you'd be interested in a little live salsa courtesy of the Spanish Harlem Orchestra? They'll be performing at the Century Ballroom and Cafe on Thursday night. Unfortunately, all the dinner reservations are sold out, but they still have a few dance tickets available. For more information, click here.

Or what about celebrating early with a Tango Lovers' Night in New York City (see above picture)? Tavern on the Green in Central Park will be hosting the Thalia Spanish Theatre's 30th Anniversary Gala & Awards on Wednesday night. Tickets are a little pricey, but they claim it is a once-in-a-lifetime event. Decide for yourself by reading more here.

Or, if you are like me, you might prefer a quiet, intimate dinner with your main squeeze. La Tasca Spanish Tapas Bar & Restaurants are featuring a special 4 course meal that includes a "delectable dessert" and "romantic strolling music." To see their menu and find a participating restaurant near you, click here.

What do you mean, you don't live in any of these places? Well, me neither. So I guess maybe the next best thing (and almost as good) is cooking your own mouth-watering meal then curling up on the couch to cuddle and watch "Like Water for Chocolate" on DVD. Need a few recipe suggestions? Try these...

La Tienda has a wonderful recipe for Garlic Chicken (I know the garlic part doesn't sound very romantic, but, trust me - it's YUMMY!)

Or how about Chicken in Mango Sauce? Cooking.com has a nice recipe for this one. Uhg. My stomach is starting to growl....

Latina.com has a luscious recipe for Cream Cheese Flan with Chocolate Crumb Crust.

That's it. More tomorrow on how to get into the mood....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...